A day you’ll never forget in Australian wilderness that time forgot. A small group tour for those who want to see more wonders and fewer tourists.
- Driving and walking
- 1 day
Step back in time through millennia as you explore cycad groves, incredible rock formations and Indigenous cave art. On the extensive Wallaroo privately-owned cattle station that covers nearly 300 square kilometres of bush, gorges, rivers and natural diversity, you’ll see wonders few eyes see.
You’ll travel by 4WD, air-conditioned mini-bus with short walks to spectacular sites deep in the Carnarvon Ranges. Our eco-guide will share fascinating insights and you’ll discover how this land has supported flora, fauna and humanity in harmony for centuries.
From an Aboriginal axe-grinding area on the flat stones of the remote Dawson River to the cathedral-like rainbow cave and a breathtaking view of the Arcadia Valley, the day continues to surprise with new vistas and glimpses of the shy fauna that are part of the incredible web of life in this vast terrain. Keep your eyes open for rare squatter pigeons and rock wallabies.
Why this tour?
- Boobook’s exclusive access to Wallaroo, a unique private property rich in sights and biodiversity
- Indigenous rock art and a historical river site few get to visit
- Carnarvon Ranges bushland with natural features protected by its remoteness
- Eco-guide guide that brings the stories to life through understanding both the natural and human significance of what you see
- Small group treads lightly and gives plenty of opportunity to ask questions
- Generous morning tea and lunch.
Easy to moderate. Hiking poles available to borrow.
Up to 14 (minimum numbers apply)
Beginning & End Times:
The tour runs on select dates from April to October. It leaves Roma at 7am, Injune at 8am and returns to Roma by 6 pm.
The tour starts from Roma, Queensland, and includes transfers to and from Injune and the Wallaroo Outback Retreat. People staying at the Carnarvon Gorge National Park can drive 75 mins and meet our tour at the Wallaroo Outback Retreat. Wallaroo is a 100-minute drive north of Roma.
View the itinerary and more information here