BOOKING CONDITIONS AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The following terms and conditions (‘booking conditions’) form the basis of your contract with BOOBOOK Explore Please read them carefully as they set out your and our respective rights and obligations. By asking us to confirm your booking, we are entitled to assume that you have had the opportunity to read and have read these booking conditions, that you agree to them and that you agree to them applying to your tour that you book with us and which we agree to make, provide or perform (as applicable) as part of our contract with you.
BEFORE YOU BOOK
Prices – Deposits – Discounts – Payments – Your booking price will be set out on this website unless it is varied by advertising or a special offer, including without limitation, to cover changes in government taxes and charges, exchange rate variations, fuel surcharges, a force majeure event or other material increases by suppliers. Once you pay your deposit your tour price is guaranteed (except for any changes resulting from a force majeure event or minimum participant numbers not being met). A 10% security deposit per person, per tour is required upon booking for tours $500 or greater per person. Full payment is required per person for tours less than $500 per person. Final payment of the balance of your tour package price is due 45 days prior to departure unless stated in the terms of a special offer. BOOBOOK Explore reserves the right to cancel any ticket or booking or to refuse to carry any passenger where payment has not been received by BOOBOOK Explore within the specified time. Payment in full is required at the time of booking for reservations made less than 45 days before departure. If BOOBOOK Explore is unable to confirm your reservation, all monies will be refunded.
All prices listed are in Australian dollars.
Travelling with Minors – Due to safety and terrain, no children under the age of 8 unless prior arrangements are made. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and share accommodation with an adult.
Transfers – Where stated, airport/hotel transfers are included on the first and last day of the tour package at designated times. No refund will be given for unused transfers. Transfers cannot be re-routed to other pick-up points or destinations. Passengers who miss the pre-booked transfers must make their own way to/from the airport/hotel at their own expense. Some tour packages include group transfers from or in between airports/hotels and vice versa. A group transfer is generally a shared transfer and the type of vehicle used will normally be dependent upon the size of the group.
Not Included in our Tour Price – Airfares (unless stated), airport taxes, laundry, passport and visa fees, food not on the regular menu, drinks may or may not be included as indicated in your itinerary, excess baggage, fuel surcharges and optional excursions not specified in your itinerary.
Choosing your Tour – To maximise your enjoyment of your BOOBOOK Explore and to ensure that it lives up to your expectations it is important that you choose the right tour package for you. Our staff are available to discuss your options.
Passengers Needing Special Assistance – BOOBOOK Explore welcomes passengers with disabilities or special needs provided they are accompanied by a companion capable of providing all necessary assistance. Any disability or medical condition requiring special attention must be reported to BOOBOOK Explore at the time of booking. It is the customer’s responsibility to advise us of your circumstances to ensure the selected tour is suited to your individual needs. BOOBOOK Explore is not responsible for any loss of enjoyment, loss of touring or loss of monies should the customer be unable to participate in the tour or in any or all of the activities. Any costs incurred as a consequence of the customer’s need to return home as a result of non-disclosure are the customer’s sole responsibility. Prior to booking it is essential to read the activity descriptions carefully, to assess your ability and fitness to complete the activity.
BOOBOOK Explore will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the special needs of disabled passengers, but is not responsible for any denial of services by carriers, hotels, restaurants or other independent suppliers, or for any additional associated expenses. Coaches, minibuses and BOOBOOK tour vehicles are not equipped with wheelchair ramps. Wheelchairs and walkers cannot be carried on coaches, minibuses and BOOBOOK tour vehicles due to space limitations. Most tours involve crossing uneven ground and our outdoor destinations do not have formed tracks, making them unsuitable for wheelchair and other walking aid access. BOOBOOK Explore is unable to provide individual assistance to any passenger for walking, dining, boarding or alighting coaches, minibuses, BOOBOOK tour vehicles or other transportation vehicles or other personal needs.
General Health and Fitness – A reasonable level of fitness and health is required to participate in the majority of BOOBOOK Explore, as most involve some walking by foot on uneven and sometimes steep, rocky terrain. Mobility is needed boarding or alighting coaches. It is your responsibility to advise BOOBOOK Explore of any pre-existing medical conditions or health and mobility-related concerns that may affect the normal conduct of a tour and the enjoyment of other passengers. Prior to booking it is essential to read the activity descriptions carefully, to assess your ability and fitness to complete the activity.
At BOOBOOK we care about the wellbeing of our people, the community and our impact on the environment. COVID-19 has brought about some minor changes to how we do business and conduct tours. We commit to monitoring and implementing measures recommended by the Australian Government’s Department of Health, as applicable to our business, and have adopted our own COVID Safe Plan in line with these recommendations.
Waiver and Liability Release – This document must be signed by all tour participants prior to attending any of BOOBOOK’s tours.
BOOKING & PAYING FOR YOUR TOUR
Airfares – Air travel is your responsibility, unless a special package tour is requested and arranged by BOOBOOK Explore.
Travel Insurance – Travel Insurance is not included in your tour package. For your protection we strongly recommend that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes (without limitation) coverage for medical expenses, loss of luggage, land content and airfare charges that may occur due to cancellation or disruption.
Travel information – After booking you will receive an invoice and other important information relevant to your tour. We strongly recommend you check the details carefully and read the included information.
Special Requests – Where a special request (eg. diet and/or particular meals) is an important factor, you must advise us when your booking is made. BOOBOOK Explore will pass your request onto the chef/supplier but cannot guarantee that it will be accommodated. The provision of any special request does not constitute a term of your contract with us. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
Superdeals and Special Offers* – Conditions apply. Strictly limited offer on set departures. Subject to availability at time of booking. Cannot be combined with any other offer and maybe withdrawn at any time. Savings figures shown are the maximum possible savings available for the itinerary for which they appear and may not apply to all departures or all suite categories.*Please refer to individual itineraries and brochure for further details.
Our gift voucher can be rolled over and the card expires 3 years after purchase. Please be advised our tour season is active from April until October each year . Voucher purchases are strictly non-refundable. Voucher for a product that has been discontinued on our website are valid for any other experience listed for the same or lesser value
Other Special Offers* – Special Deals and Special Offers other than those which are advertised in the brochure may be promoted by BOOBOOK Explore after the brochure is released. These new special deals/offers do not apply to existing bookings unless otherwise stated.
Credit Card Surcharges – If you pay BOOBOOK Explore by credit card a credit card surcharge of 3% will be added your tour price.
IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR RESERVATIONS
Changes or Additions to Your Tour – If you want to change any part of your tour arrangements after the invoice has been issued, we will do our best to make the change, but it may not be possible. Any request for changes must be made in writing by the person who made the original booking. If it is possible to make the change, it will be subject to an administration charge and payment of any further costs incurred as a result of the change.
Cancellation Policy – For all extended tour packages the following BOOBOOK Explore cancellation fees apply:
- 45 days and over – full payment/deposit refunded
- 44-22 days 25% of payment/deposit withheld
- 21-8 days 30% of payment/deposit withheld
- 7-1 days 50% of payment/deposit withheld
- Departure day / no show 100% of payment/deposit withheld
For all day tours:
- Within 24 hours full cancellation applies
- Departure day / no show 100% cancellation fee, except for those not passing the COVID-19 pre-screening test. For guests not passing the 24 hours COVID pre-screening test a full cancellation applies.
All cancellations must be received in writing by BOOBOOK Explore and are not effective until this notification has been received. If your tour has commenced, 100% of the full tour package price is charged. There is no refund for unused services or if portions of the tour package are missed.
If We Want to Change or Cancel Your Tour – Website and Brochure Accuracy – BOOBOOK Explore has endeavoured to ensure that the information given on the website and in our brochures about accommodation, itineraries etc., is correct to the best of its knowledge at the time of going to print. However, advertised descriptions and facilities and prices may change. We recommend that you confirm the details of your chosen tour package at the time of booking. Tour package or excursion itineraries may change or be different from those described as a result of local conditions, weather conditions, annual events. BOOBOOK Explore will endeavour to notify you of any significant changes prior to your departure.
Where tours specify minimum numbers, and these numbers have not been met within 40 days of the tour, BOOBOOK reserves the right to contact the guests who have booked to negotiate new tour dates/times. If no new tour date can be agreed upon between the two parties (BOOBOOK and the booking guest) BOOBOOK will refund 100% of the payment/deposit paid.
If We Change or Cancel Your Tour Before Your Departure – BOOBOOK Explore endeavours to provide you with all the services confirmed to you at the time of your booking. On occasions changes do have to be made, and BOOBOOK Explore reserves the right to cancel or amend tour packages/excursions accordingly.
Force Majeure – Force Majeure means the occurrence of an event that is beyond BOOBOOK Explore reasonable control and which could not have been reasonably prevented by BOOBOOK Explore, which includes, but is not limited to: (a) war, armed conflict, criminal damage, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity or the threat of any such acts; (b) natural disaster (including but not limited to flooding, fire, earthquake, landslide), adverse weather conditions, high or low water levels; (c) nuclear or other industrial accident causing environmental pollution or contamination; or (d) change in law, meaning, enactment, amendment (including repeal) in the law or administration of any law in Australia or any jurisdiction or territory relevant to the booking contract, which includes changes in statute, regulation, determination, by-law, declaration, licence and the common law as applicable from time to time.
Termination of Booking Contract or Change of Travel Arrangements Due to Force Majeure – If BOOBOOK Explore, in its reasonable opinion, considers that any Force Majeure event prevents BOOBOOK Explore (whether directly or through its employees, contractors, subcontractors and agents) from lawfully or safely providing any products or services subject of the booking contract with you, BOOBOOK Explore may immediately by written notice: (a) terminate the booking contract (in whole or in part); or (b) change your travel arrangements as reasonably practicable to ensure your safety and invoice you for any additional costs.
Limitation of Liability in the Event of Force Majeure – In the event that BOOBOOK Explore cancels or changes your travel arrangements in any way due to a Force Majeure event, BOOBOOK Explore will not be liable to you in contract, tort, statute or restitution for any loss (including, but not limited to, loss of deposit or purchase price and loss of enjoyment), damage, costs, charges, expenses or injury resulting from or in connection with (whether directly or indirectly):(a) the cancellation or change to your travel arrangements; or (b) the Force Majeure event. BOOBOOK Explore is not liable to refund any part of the deposit or purchase price paid by you if BOOBOOK Explore subsequently changes or cancels your travel arrangements in connection with a Force Majeure event. Force Majeure events are unpredictable and beyond BOOBOOK Explore control. It is your responsibility to purchase travel insurance to adequately protect yourself against these risks.
Personal Belongings and Lost Items – For security reasons valuables should be kept to a minimum and packed in your hand luggage along with your medicines, camera, electrical or battery-operated appliances, as well as basic essentials such as a change of clothing and toiletries. It is your responsibility to look after your property at all times and you must ensure you are adequately covered by comprehensive travel insurance in the event of any loss.
Disruption to Itinerary Arrangements – Itineraries are intended as a guide only and are subject to alteration without notice. Alterations may be necessary for various reasons including, without limitation, road, river or weather conditions, strikes or other reasons beyond BOOBOOK Explore control. If conditions render any routes unsafe for navigation, BOOBOOK Explore reserves the right to provide alternative services including, but not limited to, accommodation or substitute land tour destination arrangements.
ON RETURN FROM YOUR TOUR
All personal data you give us (including sensitive personal data) will be kept. We will use only names and contact details for marketing purposes unless you notify us that you do not wish to receive future marketing material by writing to BOOBOOK Explore, PO Box 924, Roma Qld 4455 or email
Image Usage – From time to time BOOBOOK Explore may wish to use images from tours for promotional purposes. An image usage agreement must be signed by tour participants granting permission for BOOBOOK representatives to take and use photographs and/or digital images for use in promotional materials, educational or news releases.
Limitation of Liability – Optional excursions may, depending on your tour package, include activities such as climbing, exploring, bike riding, swimming and canoeing. You accept and assume the risk involved with these activities.
If, in the opinion of any representative of BOOBOOK Explore, your mental or physical condition is such as to affect your own health and safety, render you incapable to care for yourself, cause you to became a hazard to yourself or other passengers or result in you becoming objectionable to other passengers or staff, you will not be permitted to embark or continue on the whole or any part of the tour package. BOOBOOK Explore is not liable to you for any costs associated with such decision and you will not be refunded for any part of the tour package.
BOOBOOK Explore accepts no responsibility for any death, injury, illness, loss (including loss of enjoyment), damage, detention or delay (including mechanical breakdown) beyond its control.
Any term, condition or warranty express or implied by statute or otherwise in respect of the tour packages contained on the website or in brochures are excluded to the full extent permitted by law. Nothing in these booking conditions excludes, restricts or modifies the application of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) as amended, consolidated, supplemented or replaced.
To the full extent permitted by law, BOOBOOK Explore liability arising under or in connection with these booking conditions: (a) is limited to the re-supply of the products or services or the payment of the cost of re-supply of the products or services to you; and (b) excludes liability for any indirect or consequential losses suffered by you or any third party, howsoever caused, including but not limited to pure economic loss or any special, extraordinary or punitive damage to you or any other party.
Your travel agent may forward deposits and other payments to us on your behalf, but your travel agent is not our agent for the purpose of receipt of monies. Receipt of deposits and subsequent payments by the travel agent does not constitute receipt of those monies by us and the travel agent has no authority expressed or implied to receive monies on our behalf. There is no liability on the part of BOOBOOK Explore in respect to any monies paid to your travel agent unless and until BOOBOOK Explore notifies you (by way of a booking confirmation advice or payment receipt advice) that monies have been received by BOOBOOK Explore. BOOBOOK Explore reserves the right to cancel any ticket or booking or refuse to carry any passenger where payment has not been received by BOOBOOK Explore within the specified time.
Responsible Service of Alcohol – Our staff are trained in the Responsible Service of Alcohol and are obligated by law to refuse service to any guest who is intoxicated or behaves in an aggressive or offensive manner.
Medical Assistance – BOOBOOK Explore does not employ medical staff on any of our tours. If you require medical attention, local medical services can be contacted immediately. You are responsible for all charges that result from visiting a medical facility, or for a medical practitioner visiting you. BOOBOOK Explore is not responsible for the type or quality of the medical services you may receive.
Smoking – For other passengers’ comfort there is no smoking on coaches, minibuses or BOOBOOK Explore vehicles and is only allowed in designated areas as instructed by your tour guide.
Service Enquiries – If a problem occurs during your tour you should, in your own interests, advise your tour guide so that steps can be taken to resolve the matter. If you remain dissatisfied, any complaint must be made in writing to BOOBOOK Explore within 30 days.
Disclaimer – Travel is personal and each individual’s goals and experiences may differ. BOOBOOK Explore will not be bound by, or liable for, any description, photograph, representation or warranty made by BOOBOOK or provided by any independent third party sales representative, Travel Agent, or other person or entity relating to any tour offered by BOOBOOK Explore.
WAIVER & LIABILITY RELEASE
- I understand and accept that during BOOBOOK’s Ecological Tour (“the Tour”) in which I will participate, there are certain risks and dangers that may arise including but not limited to:
- the hazards of trekking through wilderness and remote areas during the day and night;
- dangers presented by wildlife, fauna, and the landscape of the natural environment (such as, however not limited to bites, scratches, trips);
- dangers and risks inherent in physical activities;
- acts of God (eg flood and fire); and
- dangers and risk inherent in camping, bushwalking, swimming in creeks, canoeing, conducting ecological surveys (including wildlife trapping), preparing and consuming bush cooking, exploring other land use operations in the region (including cattle yards, operating gas fields and operating farm properties) and participation in outdoor team building activities.
- transfer of viruses
- I acknowledge that the activities undertaken on the Tour may have certain dangers and risks which I accept by participating on the Tour, some of which may include:
- physical exertion for which I may not be prepared;
- the increased possibility of accident, injury or death due to the nature of the activities; and
- remoteness of the normal medical services.
- Transfer of Coronavirus by people who do not realise they are carriers
- I warrant that I am medically fit (including physically and mentally) to participate in the Tour’s activities and that I have not been advised otherwise by a medical practitioner.
- I acknowledge that BOOBOOK does not accept liability for lost or stolen property and further, that BOOBOOK takes no responsibilities for delays caused by weather, vehicle breakdowns, traffic conditions, accidents and/or other conditions beyond its control.
- I acknowledge BOOBOOK and its officers, employees and volunteers will take all reasonable precautions to ensure my safety and well-being while I am participating in the Tour’ activities.
- I agree to comply with the directions of the officers, employees and volunteers of the Tour.
- I agree that I will conduct myself in a responsible manner at all times.
- As part of my participation in the Tour’s activities I agree to have taken out and maintained all appropriate insurance including relevant travel and medical insurances.
- I agree that I will truthfully fill in and sign BOOBOOK’s pre-screening questionnaire (Coronavirus Site Entry Form) with 24 hours prior to boarding a tour to indicate whether I have within the previous 14 days come into contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case and within the previous 24 hours (including boarding) have experienced flu-like symptoms, fevers or are otherwise unwell. I further acknowledge that if I answer “yes” to either of these questions I will be unable to participate in the tour and will peacefully retract from and not participate in the tour.
- I agree that my participation in the Tour’s activities will be at my sole discretion and risk and further, that BOOBOOK is not liable for any expense, loss, damage, injuries, sickness, death or accident I or any other person suffers or incurs directly or indirectly as a result of my participation in the Tour’s activities whether that loss or damage is due to my negligence, default, another tort or for any common law or statutory action.
- I acknowledge that I have all the necessary clothing and equipment to undertake the Tour’s activities.
- I understand and accept that my participation in the Tour entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical injury, death, and/or damage to property. I understand that such risks cannot be eliminated without jeopardising the essential qualities of the activity.
- I understand the risks to me include, among other things, cuts, bruises, abrasions, concussions, sprains, strains, broken bones, exposure to poisonous wildlife and plants, exposure to nature’s elements, and even death.
- I agree to hold BOOBOOK and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against BOOBOOK arising out of any breach by me of these terms or any liabilities arising in general.
- My signature to this Waiver and Liability Release of my own free will attests to my intent to hold harmless and release from all liability BOOBOOK and any of its past, present or future officers, agents, volunteers or employees to the maximum extent possible under applicable law.